Powered by Blogger.

Getting Prepared For Hurricane Irene To Hit...

    So, as you know...Hurricane Irene seems to be heading straight for us.  Poor NYC is already preparing with mandatory evacuations, closings of all metro transportation, etc.

    As you also know...I am not a fan of any natural disaster, but especially tornado's and hurricanes!  I've never experienced one "REALLY" hitting and I am praying that it's not as bad as some people are making it out to seem.  Of course, I understand that media outlets have to make sure we are prepared for the worst...
    Photobucket
    So, I filled up our bathtub with water (for flushing and cleaning with), since we are on a well and our pump won't work if our electricity is out.
    Photobucket
    I made sure we have extra batteries for our flashlights and located the flashlights...so they are available when we need them.
    Photobucket
    We filled up the van with gas and I found my plug converter for the car...so I can charge my phone or laptop by the van's battery...if we loose power for an extended amount of time.

    We have enough food to get by for a few days without grocery shopping or starving to death.

    And now we just wait...SEND PRAYERS.  I'm not very tough about things like this!  I know that GOD is going to protect us and HE definitely shows his POWER & MIGHT through storms like this (talk about a way to "WAKE PEOPLE UP")...but I still go into MAMA BEAR mode when it comes to keeping my family safe. 

    I'll update when I can...if I can...but if you don't hear from me for a couple days...keep checking for an update!  Not sure that the internet will hold out with such severe weather issues & trees falling on power  & telephone lines.

Post Title

Getting Prepared For Hurricane Irene To Hit...


Post URL

http://gallerygirlss.blogspot.com/2011/08/getting-prepared-for-hurricane-irene-to.html


Visit Gallery Girls for Daily Updated Gallery Girls
Cpx24.com CPM Program

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews