Powered by Blogger.

RENEWING Your Wedding Vows - What's Your Take On It?

    It was February 8th, 2002!  We had a 6 month old handsome son in our arms, as we headed to the Justice Of The Peace in Bakersfield, CA  to make our "marriage legal" and become Husband and Wife!  Do I regret not having a wedding (a full blown church ceremony, with a professional photographer, a huge wedding cake, a DJ and reception)? 
    In a way...I think I always will!
    Photobucket
    I mean, we had to do something quickly and cost effective, because I wasn't going to wait any longer to be Mrs. Hutson...after he got off the ship (in the NAVY on deployment to Iraq).  Don't get me wrong, I was delighted to have him home, in my arms and with us...so my son could know his daddy!  But I always also ready to make "US" official!

    But the topic on my mind recently is the "RENEWING OF VOWS" ceremony! 
    Would you ever consider doing this?

    This February 8th will be our 10th Anniversary.  10 amazing, roller coaster riding, adventure filled, emotionally led and GOD BLESS years!  Ideally, I would love to go on a cruise (never been on one) for our anniversary (kid free), but think it would be amazing to do a ceremony...that we could invite our friends & family too (that never got to be a part of our special day 10 years ago).

    What would this involve?  Maybe I could wear my dress (my sister...believe it or not, still has it), maybe we could have a huge reception of sorts, maybe we could even hire a professional photographer to take pictures of not only us (in our wedding gear...10 years later), but also of our beautifully blessed family (4 amazing kids). 
    Just the thought of it delights me...
    Photobucket
    Will it happen?  Who knows? 
    Am I just dreaming?  It never hurts to dream a little! 
    Do I think my friends and family would come to be a part of it? 
    Maybe some...

    Just curious how you feel...
    Have you ever been to a wedding RENEWAL ceremony?
    Would you attend a friend or family members, especially if you missed their original wedding? 
    Even if it requires you to travel?
    Would you ever consider doing this type of ceremony for you and your spouse?

Post Title

RENEWING Your Wedding Vows - What's Your Take On It?


Post URL

http://gallerygirlss.blogspot.com/2011/08/renewing-your-wedding-vows-what-your.html


Visit Gallery Girls for Daily Updated Gallery Girls
Cpx24.com CPM Program

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews