Powered by Blogger.

TEN Short Years Ago TODAY...I Became A Mommy For The First Time!

    I remember the day like it was yesterday!  I was 36 weeks exactly and my water had broke two days before, but after being given bad advice on the phone (by a male nurse), I went to the my doctor's appointment expecting four more weeks till my baby arrived.  I was wrong!  I had an infection!  HE WAS COMING...THAT DAY!  I called my boyfriend, who was on duty in the Navy in San Diego and he started a long drive through LA in rush hour to get to the hospital in hopes of arriving before his first born son made his appearance. 

    Thankfully, he got there in plenty of time and actually was a part of the entire birth experience (for the most part).  Our bouncing baby boy came out screaming, but struggling to breath at a whopping 6 pounds, 3 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long.  You guessed it...he was carted off to the NICU for under developed lungs, where he stayed for 5 days.  A very long 5 days...
    Photobucket
    (this is a picture of the day I took him home)
    Photobucket
    Now...he's a smart, soft spirited, sweetheart of a young man!
    Photobucket
    I love this boy!
    Photobucket
    He's almost as tall as me...and he's much bigger than he was the day he was born!
    Photobucket
    But he'll always be my baby too! 
    He was my introduction into motherhood and for the first six months of his life...it was just me & him.  I thank GOD everyday for giving him to me!  He was such a blessing!
    Photobucket
    Happy Birthday Son! 
    I couldn't be more proud of the man you are becoming! 
    Thank you for letting me be your mommy! 
    I LOVE YOU!

Post Title

TEN Short Years Ago TODAY...I Became A Mommy For The First Time!


Post URL

http://gallerygirlss.blogspot.com/2011/08/ten-short-years-ago-todayi-became-mommy.html


Visit Gallery Girls for Daily Updated Gallery Girls
Cpx24.com CPM Program

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews