Powered by Blogger.

I Miss It...PLAYING THE PIANO!


    Did you grow up playing an instrument?


    Photobucket


    When I was three (yes 3), I started playing the piano.  How cute was I?  Funny thing...my dad had to take lessons with me, because I couldn't read, I just really wanted to play! That was just the beginning...I took lessons for years. I wouldn't say that Piano was a PASSION for me, but a really good OUTLET. I used it to relax, to vent, to think! When I was emotional (sad or really happy), I would sit and play. I disliked very much to have to practice (it was like pulling teeth), but loved to strum and especially play songs that I LOVED. Sometimes I would play the songs at the right tempo...sometimes I would hit the keys hard & obnoxiously, and even sometimes I would play the songs as fast as my fingers would move. If you have ever witnessed me type...you know that was quite a show!


    Photobucket 


    (check out my outfit...LOL...you've gotta love that time era)


    My dad would sit in the other room, request certain songs and listen to me play!


    I think it was music to his heart...and mine as well!


     Photobucket


    Even as a mommy (this was me with my first son...at a visit to my parents house), I loved to sit and play the piano. Most kids love tapping the keys and "MAKING MUSIC", even if it's not recognizable. There's something about the piano & the keys that attracts children...and me!





    Since I've been married, we have not had space in our home to have a piano...but the opportunity, if it ever does present itself, will definitely involve a piano of some sort (though I'd be rooting for a Baby Grand). My oldest daughter has been hinting she is interested in taking lessons and I wouldn't mind having it for me to play around on...again. I miss it! I miss the music, I miss the calming factor it had on me, and I can't wait to not only play again, but encourage my kids to learn an instrument too.





    Do you still play the instrument you grew up playing?  Do you encourage your kids to play?  Do you teach them?  I'd love to hear your thoughts on this subject! 


    LEAVE A COMMENT!

Post Title

I Miss It...PLAYING THE PIANO!


Post URL

http://gallerygirlss.blogspot.com/2011/08/i-miss-itplaying-piano.html


Visit Gallery Girls for Daily Updated Gallery Girls
Cpx24.com CPM Program

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews