Powered by Blogger.

They Call Him The Gardener...That's His Name! Pushing His Lawnmower All Over Town...That Is His Game!

    Our oldest son is turning 10 in August!  Some days I am denial about the fact I have a son that could be that age already, and other days...I expect him to act older than he really is!  Funny how us mommies can be about that, huh?
    Photobucket
    Anyway, I realized today that, since he's almost as tall as me and almost as strong too...he could probably learn to mow the yard this summer.  In fact, decided I wasn't going to wait till summer (since they are technically in school till Wed, so it's not summer yet for them), so I took him out to the yard today and we tried it out.
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    At first, he couldn't get it to start...but once he figured it out (and how hard he needed to pull the cord to get the engine going), he was on his way.  He had no problems at all and actually thought it was quite fun!  YAY for mommy!  Now...I just have to teach him how to go in a pattern (cause I love it when our yard has those freshly mowed marks) and we'll be all set! 
    Photobucket
    FREE gardener to do the yard all summer long.  A skill that he will use for the rest of his life and freeing up some mommy/daddy time and $$ we could be investing in a gardener.  SCORE! This parenting thing is paying off (FINANCIALLY) already.  HA! 
    Photobucket
    Those of you with boys...how old was your son when he learned to do the yard?
     
    Did you let him? 

    I will be supervising every time he uses the lawn mower, but at least I won't be the one behind it...pushing it.  I can sit in the shade, with a nice tall glass of ice water (and one waiting for him of course) and enjoy watching him mature into a man right before my very eyes.

Post Title

They Call Him The Gardener...That's His Name! Pushing His Lawnmower All Over Town...That Is His Game!


Post URL

http://gallerygirlss.blogspot.com/2011/06/they-call-him-gardenerthat-his-name.html


Visit Gallery Girls for Daily Updated Gallery Girls
Cpx24.com CPM Program

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews