Powered by Blogger.

Summer Is Officially Here! Let The Good Times Roll...With Chores And All!

    I have decided...this morning actually, that this summer is going to be different for my kids than any of our past (since they have been in school).  I have an almost 10 year old son, who should be capable of doing some heavier dutier chores, right?.  A 7 year old daughter who is almost as capable as the oldest who can step up and help out.  A five year old that can start learning responsibility and an almost 3 year old (holy moly) that needs to learn by their example.

    So, since today is the first day of their SUMMER BREAK (officially), I am going to start enforcing some chores.  Each of them will have individual (age related chores) to do daily, they will have chores that I would like them to be responsible for regardless of the season (like brushing their teeth, making their beds, cleaning up their dirty clothes, etc.) and then some chores like reading for 20 minutes (or 1 chapter) that the two who can do it independently will do that and I will help the little ones do the same (I'll read to them). 
    Photobucket
    My oldest daughter is so excited about this idea, she is making everyone chore charts (because that's just how she operates) and we'll see how this plays out this summer.
    Photobucket
    I told them, that if they do well, maybe we could find a HUGE reward for them at the end of the summer.  I'd like to think that a trip to Sea World or something of that nature would be awesome (because it would involve the whole family in a day full of fun).  We'll see...
    Photobucket
    Do you have your kids help out more than you normally do, during the school year, when summer arrives?

    What types of chores do you suggest or enforce that they do on a daily basis?

    I'd love to hear your thoughts...and I know that my other readers would love to too!

Post Title

Summer Is Officially Here! Let The Good Times Roll...With Chores And All!


Post URL

http://gallerygirlss.blogspot.com/2011/06/summer-is-officially-here-let-good.html


Visit Gallery Girls for Daily Updated Gallery Girls
Cpx24.com CPM Program

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews