Powered by Blogger.

No Lightning Struck My Kids...Taking Every Opportunity To Enjoy Life With them, Even Through A Storm!

    We woke up this morning to down pouring rain, thunder and lightning.  I personally have a hard time with thunder and lightning storms...they scare me, even as an adult.  When I hear the rumbling, I want to crawl under my bed and hide!  Of course, my kids have no idea that they affect me like that, but they really do scare the dickens out of me.
    Photobucket
    Anyway, we were having breakfast this morning and my daughter (7yr old) started to tear up when talking about walking to the bus stop.  She's was terrified that, if she walked to the bus stop with just an umbrella, she's was going to get struck by lightning.   There was no consoling her, offering her statistics on how often that really happens, etc.  She was truly UPSET!  That's when I knew that there was no other option. 

    Even though the bus stop is truly not even 1 block from our house, I loaded up all four kids and we drove them to the bus stop.  In fact, I pulled out the driveway a little farther back than normally to pick up to other neighbor kids who were getting soaked in the rain.  We BLARED the Kidz Bop 19 CD (Fireworks and Dynamite) and there were smiles galore.  My littlest guy danced and entertained the car load and we turned, what could have been an awful morning into a beautiful one.  It made, what started out as a lousy day (with little sleep last night) a perfectly lovely one after all!

    Isn't it funny...we can choose to enjoy our lives, even through the trying and horrible storms that come at us daily, if we choose to.  This was just a moment of proof to me, that no matter what, I am going to take every opportunity to ENJOY life with my kids...even through hard times and storms...cause we all know they are inevitable, but don't have to destroy our JOY or take away those moments I will cherish forever.

Post Title

No Lightning Struck My Kids...Taking Every Opportunity To Enjoy Life With them, Even Through A Storm!


Post URL

http://gallerygirlss.blogspot.com/2011/06/no-lightning-struck-my-kidstaking-every.html


Visit Gallery Girls for Daily Updated Gallery Girls
Cpx24.com CPM Program

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews