Powered by Blogger.

The Art Of Writing A Hand Written Letter...A Lost Art? Not In This House!!

    It all started in fourth grade when I was sitting in the back of my parents car, waving goodbye to my best friend as we moved from Spokane, WA. to Lancaster, CA.  The move was devastating to me...because I was leaving my friend behind...never to be seen again.  But that didn't mean we couldn't stay in touch. 
    Photobucket
    In fact, we have continued being pen pals since fourth grade. 
    Photobucket
    Writing letters, sending pictures, celebrating birthdays with presents, etc.  If you think about it...it's been 24 years (TWENTY FOUR YEARS) of writing back and forth.  We've lost touch a couple times, been able to reconnect, shared boy friend woes, our excitements of getting married, starting our families, etc. 
    Photobucket
    She just gave birth to her second son, and though we have never seen each other since four grade...I feel like I know her and her family!  I love that!  We laugh...because we will probably be two very OLD women by the time we get to see each other, in person, again!  But I can't wait to give her a hug...I've had one stored up for her all these years!

    So it's important to me that my kids keep close relationships with their friends...even if there are miles in between them.  Even if those miles are only a few (over the summer). 
    Photobucket
    My son Clayton made a "BEST FRIEND" at the end of his 3rd grade year (this last year).  Even though the summer just started last week for the boys...he already sent his friend a "MESSAGE" (as he calls it) in the mail and today he received his first one back from his buddy! 
    Photobucket
    I can't tell you how this delights me!  Not only because this will be awesome for him to continue, even when school is in session, but it also helps him with his spelling, writing, drawing and creativity.  It also helps him build relationships, even if he's not seeing his friend "IN REAL LIFE".    I am so proud of him!  I hope this isn't a fleeting thing.  I'll continue buying postage, envelopes and unlimited amounts of paper...as long as he continues writing to his friends.  :) 

    I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!

Post Title

The Art Of Writing A Hand Written Letter...A Lost Art? Not In This House!!


Post URL

http://gallerygirlss.blogspot.com/2011/06/art-of-writing-hand-written-lettera.html


Visit Gallery Girls for Daily Updated Gallery Girls
Cpx24.com CPM Program

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews