Powered by Blogger.

PROJECT COMPLETED: Goodbye Hole In The Wall...Hello Cute Chalkboard!

    This weekend...besides all the typical errands and activites we run for the kids, I was on a mission!  A MISSION to repair the hole in the wall.  Let me explain!
    Photobucket
    In our rental home (where we live), a few weeks after moved in...our kids managed to knock a hole in the kitchen wall with the door knob.  FABULOUS!  I've covered it with a printed out chore list, even stuck up some adorable VINYL artwork to hide it...but to no avail, the wall continues to be damaged as the door is thrown open by the kids. 

    This weekend...I FINALLY HAD IT!
    After looking at a wall, that looked like something out of a foreclosure for months & years now...I decided to take matters into my own hands. 

    Here's how the wall looked before:
    Photobucket
    I bought the supplies I needed and patched the hole in the wall.  That was no problem.  Sanded the wall down and cleaned it off as well!  The problem was with the painting.  Unfortunately, we have no "EXTRA" paint from the landlord to match the color, which means that the entire kitchen would need repainting when I repaired the wall. 

    So, I thought to myself, what can I do to save myself from having to re-paint the entire kitchen?  Ding!  A light bulb lit up in my head...make a chalkboard section of the wall.  PERFECT!  So I bought the chalkboard paint, taped off the areas to paint in and went at it!
    Photobucket
    The finished results (even though the paint is not completely dry yet) is PERFECT!  I LOVE IT!  Just what I had in mind.  Not only will no one ever know there was a hole in that wall (hopefully the door being thrown into it won't happen anytime in the near future) and the kids are going to have a blast using it to play school on, I can make it a calendar, write chores on it, etc.  We can even use it to encourage each other with a scripture for the day! 
    I LOVE IT!

    Just thought I'd share my inspiration in case any of you are dealing with a similar situation.  Instead of painting an entire wall (after doing repairs), why not make yourself a chalkboard section of the wall?  It worked for me! 

Post Title

PROJECT COMPLETED: Goodbye Hole In The Wall...Hello Cute Chalkboard!


Post URL

http://gallerygirlss.blogspot.com/2011/09/project-completed-goodbye-hole-in.html


Visit Gallery Girls for Daily Updated Gallery Girls
Cpx24.com CPM Program

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews