Powered by Blogger.

10 Years Ago...In Memory Of September 11th, 2001

    I remember being awoke from a dead sleep that morning...with a 12 day old baby laying next to me.  My fiancee, who was in the Navy at the time had been out to sea for a couple days and I knew it would be a week or so before I saw him again.

    The phone rang and a frantic and hysterically crying mom (my mom) was on the other end.  She hollered at me.., "turn on the t.v."  "There's been an awful thing happen...then something about the World Trade Center"...and then I let her go, as I flipped on the t.v. to catch footage of the tragic events that were taking place that morning in NYC (a place, at that time, I had never been before).
    Immediately, I thought about my fiancee and worried about his safety.  This was obviously a terrorist act and I wondered if he would be safe.  My heart was broken for every person who knew someone that was working there that day!  Every person who was in some way connected or involved with someone who lost their lives in this awful scene. 

    Today, 10 years later...we pay tribute to those individuals and remember again that we are so lucky to live in the Land of the Free, Because of the Brave.  We will never forget!!

    My fiancee was deployed immediately and spent the next six months helping fight the war on terror.  We missed him dearly and were so glad to be home...but I know that there are still many, who are away from home even still today, keeping our country safe and FREE!
    Photobucket
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!  LAND THAT I LOVE!  STAND BESIDE HER AND GUIDE HER!  Through the night with the LIGHT from ABOVE!

Post Title

10 Years Ago...In Memory Of September 11th, 2001


Post URL

http://gallerygirlss.blogspot.com/2011/09/10-years-agoin-memory-of-september-11th.html


Visit Gallery Girls for Daily Updated Gallery Girls
Cpx24.com CPM Program

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews