Powered by Blogger.

A HUGE WARNING...Retractable Dog Leashes And Kids = UNSAFE Combo!

    I am sharing this in hopes of making other parents, who may not be aware (and are curious about retractable dog leashes for their dogs), what can innocently and painfully happen when they are used around children.

    HERE'S A HEADS UP & WARNING every parent needs to see:
    Photobucket
    A dog (90 pounds)
    Photobucket
    A retractable dog leash
    Photobucket
    and a child on a bike...are an extremely UNSAFE combination, though you might not typically think so!

    Last night...as my daughter, husband and dog were headed out on a walk...my daughter fell off her bike, the dog (curious to see what happened) went around her and somehow managed to get her neck wrapped around the leash and then tugged & PULLED, causing it to tighten around her neck.  Thankfully, my husband was quick to act & get her released, but the incident scared my daughter half to death & really hurt her skin around her neck badly. 
    Obviously, it was a total accident!
    Photobucket
    She was shaking from head to toe when her daddy carried her in and I'll admit that I was too.  In fact, it took everything in me not to burst into tears for her.  She has a rope like burn around almost half of her neck.  It's painful and scarring both emotionally and physically.  I feel absolutely sick that it happened to her. 
    ABSOLUTELY SICK!

    She's still in pain this morning..despite the fact that I've slathered her up with neosporin and given her ibprofen to take as well...I'm praying that it stops hurting her very soon!

    BE WARNED & CAUTIOUS!  Using those retractable dog leashes, even with small dogs, around children are UNSAFE!  I will not be using this leash EVER AGAIN and I hope that by me posting this I save a child from having a similiar situation happen to them!  What an awful experience! 

Post Title

A HUGE WARNING...Retractable Dog Leashes And Kids = UNSAFE Combo!


Post URL

http://gallerygirlss.blogspot.com/2011/09/huge-warningretractable-dog-leashes-and.html


Visit Gallery Girls for Daily Updated Gallery Girls
Cpx24.com CPM Program

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews