Powered by Blogger.

How Often Do You See Family...When You Live States Away? HELP PLEASE!!

    Since my husband and I became "ONE", we have have not lived with family "close by".  When I mean "CLOSE BY", I mean...within a few hour drive (except for a short 3 years, when we lived in Ohio).  We did move to California in hopes of living close to family, but that was very short lived too. 
    Photobucket
    So, because of that, seeing our family (all of them) is a hard thing!  Not because we don't want to see them (because we would love to see them a lot more often than we do)...but because, if you add up the expenses of 6 plane tickets, a rental car, hotel stay and additional costs for any trip...making several types of these trips a year is just not in a typical family budget. 

    We are lucky enough to be able to drive to visit my husband's family in OHIO (because of our current living location), but it's an extremely long 12 hour drive (especially with four kids in the car & a mommy that doesn't ride well) and isn't something we can do on a spur of a moment or for "special occasions" (like our neices and nephews birthdays, dance recitals, etc.).  So, we still only see them about two to three times a year.

    How are you able to work in these types of "family" visits?
     
    How often do you see your family that does not live close by (within driving distance)? 

    Is it more condusive for your far away family (if there are fewer of them) to come visit you?

    Is it wrong for you to ask that of them?

    I would love to hear your feedback, especially if you are in a similar situation.  I often feel "guilted" about not visiting family and I don't like feeling that way at all.  If someone could offer me a simple solution, that would be awesome, but I think this is a problem that is just going to be "what it is".

Post Title

How Often Do You See Family...When You Live States Away? HELP PLEASE!!


Post URL

http://gallerygirlss.blogspot.com/2011/05/how-often-do-you-see-familywhen-you.html


Visit Gallery Girls for Daily Updated Gallery Girls
Cpx24.com CPM Program

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews